Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another delicate Question

Default Another delicate Question

I think my question will mainly apply to Ladies but maybe Gentlemen can contribute too. What hand creams should we use and what hand protection during making things . I bought pack of latex surgical gloves 50/50 love them. not happy 100%. I still prefer to deal with delicate items with open hands. finger protection tape works more or less ok but maybe there is something else? Hope this Q is not off-topic!

I've been using "Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Therapy" off & on to combat dry & cracking skin. I also use nitrile gloves any time I'm handling anything obnoxious, although obviously not when polishing. Never got on with finger tape, TBH. Hands & subsequently working surfaces get wiped down with baby wipes (and then the wipes go in the reclamation bag); clears off a moderate amount of polish & grabs any metal filings on the skin.

Thank you Peter for input. Unexpected to hear that from a man 1st but totally understandable we all have same issues!!!! TX ! I like idea of baby wipes was not thinking to have them handy as I have paper towels at all times ard... Thank you ! will get pack today for the desk! and TX for cream idea too will study it!!!

I've used E45 as well, didn't find it as effective as the stuff there. Especially around this time of year my hands take a bit of a pummelling outdoors (horses...).

I have no idea if you can buy this over there it is the best product I have found in 40 years
    https://natrapower.com.au/

To change the subject slightly, beware of soldering with gloves on. They can melt or catch fire causing serious injury.
    I dont normally think of myself as a gentleman, BTW. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    I've been using "Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Therapy" off & on to combat dry & cracking skin. I also use nitrile gloves any time I'm handling anything obnoxious, although obviously not when polishing. Never got on with finger tape, TBH. Hands & subsequently working surfaces get wiped down with baby wipes (and then the wipes go in the reclamation bag); clears off a moderate amount of polish & grabs any metal filings on the skin.
    Baby wipes are fab for instant dust removal at your work space.
    Great for indoors too cleaning wise. Wouldn’t be without them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only wear cut protection gloves when sawing or disc cutting, for everything else it's Swarfega and Scotch-Brite.

Also, I don't eat quiche.

I seem to be the only one who washes my hands with washing up liquid !
    And here goes the contentious bit that I get shot down for every time but I have never had an accident and we are old enough to take this decision. If doing a big polish and because I use a bench polisher, I wear very tight gloves which will wear away before anything else. I have much thinner nails with age and can’t have them worn away by big mops. I find tape or these awful leather finger tip covers don’t give me grip which I think is much more dangerous

When polishing on the bench machine I also wear tight fitting latex dipped gloves, (this my opinion and I am not recommending it) very unlikely that a polishing mop will grab tight fitting gloves