Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another delicate Question

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    When polishing on the bench machine I also wear tight fitting latex dipped gloves, (this my opinion and I am not recommending it) very unlikely that a polishing mop will grab tight fitting gloves
    It hasn’t done it with me in decades either Bob, the fingertips are more likely to tear to shreds.as you say we were asked what we use not what we advise

Quote Originally Posted by handmadeblanks View Post
    I only wear cut protection gloves when sawing or disc cutting, for everything else it's Swarfega and Scotch-Brite.
    Cutting with a grinder, welding (not with the laser), lugging steel, rarely for forging (if so, it's only on the tongs hand), working under the car, handling resins/isopropanol/acetone/acids... Barrier cream + nitrile gloves are good for vehicle work (but I usually manage to shred the gloves there too).

Also, I don't eat quiche.
    I do. It gives me an opportunity to use up gluts of eggs, so I make them (and the pastry). Not an issue at this time of year, there's not enough light for them to be bothered laying.

yes Dennis totally agree and I can not wear gloves for long time... they make me feel really annoyed..... but filing and polishing without them is so bad for hands...

When polishing on the bench machine I also wear tight fitting latex dipped gloves, (this my opinion and I am not recommending it) very unlikely that a polishing mop will grab tight fitting gloves
    well if we follow advise of every book and manual hair have to be tied up, any free hanging clothing removed, but in reality doubt all people follow it so precisely. guess it's a matter of how sensible you are?

Quote Originally Posted by Ankolosova View Post
    well if we follow advise of every book and manual hair have to be tied up, any free hanging clothing removed, but in reality doubt all people follow it so precisely. guess it's a matter of how sensible you are?
    Yes Anna, just common sense in everything. I always had short hair and it was very long recently and I had to remember to tie it back when I was soldering especially if I was bending over to take a closer look:/

I have no idea if you can buy this over there it is the best product I have found in 40 years
    https://natrapower.com.au/
    so... I got intrigued and looked on Amazon. Quite expensive cream but description sounds like miracle (thinking of cream gloves ) and seems very natural ! so I am definitely going to try!!!! TX !

Quote Originally Posted by Ankolosova View Post
    yes Dennis totally agree and I can not wear gloves for long time... they make me feel really annoyed..... but filing and polishing without them is so bad for hands...
    I'm so glad it's not just me - just putting gloves on makes me feel like my skin's crawling - I can just about bear mittens when it's too cold not to have anything, but really dislike any kind of glove. I don't even like using handcream because of the sliminess. Completely off-topic and irrelevant, but I feel much the same way about most make-up as well - particularly lipstick!

I don't wear anything for any jewellery task I can think of - and the permanent silver tattoos on my non-dominant fingers are a reminder of every time I've cut myself sawing! I did use them for horrid chemicals in the past, but I've banished all these from my studio now as part of my quest to be more environmentally friendly.