Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Earring back design and construction question

That's a very pretty design Alistair , good luck with that! and on the fact that you might not need enough practice never be shy of trying !!! who dares wins!!!! PS I think that design would be nicer as a pendle earring.. (hope that is a right name for it). if bird would have some movement that would be nicer. But that's me. and it's YOUR design so you choose!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ankolosova View Post
    That's a very pretty design Alistair , good luck with that! and on the fact that you might not need enough practice never be shy of trying !!! who dares wins!!!! PS I think that design would be nicer as a pendle earring.. (hope that is a right name for it). if bird would have some movement that would be nicer. But that's me. and it's YOUR design so you choose!!!
    Thanks for your encouragement, and suggestion. My searches aren't coming up with a clear description of what a pendle is. Could you describe it, or show an example?

Alistair

At a guess, she is saying 'pendant', as opposed to 'stud'. I agree, but it depends on the situation in which they are worn.
    For instance if someone is giving a demonstration, or a lecture, the perpetual jiggling of earrings will be a distraction. Dennis.

I think it’s a typo and it was supposed to be pendant or dangly earrings

Oops, sorry! Yes, that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    At a guess, she is saying 'pendant', as opposed to 'stud'. I agree, but it depends on the situation in which they are worn.
    For instance if someone is giving a demonstration, or a lecture, the perpetual jiggling of earrings will be a distraction. Dennis.
    A distraction for you or the wearer Dennis? I find my customers prefer a bit of movement even if it’s quite short and you don’t actually feel it. We are used to long hair too so maybe that’s why, unless you were a long haired youth in your day

Quote Originally Posted by AlistairWitt View Post
    Thanks for your encouragement, and suggestion. My searches aren't coming up with a clear description of what a pendle is. Could you describe it, or show an example?

Alistair
    Alistair, sorry just checking forum now!!! yes was typing from phone and I did not see it jumped to weird correction earlier!!! I hate it ... yes I meant to type pendant, as other members mentioned "dangly style"!

Quote Originally Posted by Ankolosova View Post
    Alistair, sorry just checking forum now!!! yes was typing from phone and I did not see it jumped to weird correction earlier!!! I hate it ... yes I meant to type pendant, as other members mentioned "dangly style"!
    No problems. I should have realised!

Hi All,

As promised, photos of the end result:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	11797
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3454.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	11798

It's certainly not perfect, but as an inexperienced amateur, I'm happy with how they turned out, and my wife likes them too! Thanks for all your help.

Cheers,
    Alistair

Oh well done! I think the end result has more than lived up to expectations - and like your wife - I like them too