Thread: Looking for Manufacturers

Default Looking for Manufacturers

Hi there! Newbie here!
    I'm designing hair accessories to sell at the moment but am struggling to find a supplier of good quality findings for this.
    I'm making saw pierced designs on silver sheet and want to attach to a hair grip such as an alligator clip but can't find any of good, strong quality.
    Does anyone know where I might find such pieces or could get them manufactured?
    I don't want to use cheap ones as they will bring down the quality and value of the finished piece and would hate to deal with feedback from customers of things breaking!
    Thanks for any help!

I had several attempts at making these from silver sheet and wire, using findings(grips) taken from cheap plastic ones, or metal ones bought by the card from Boots and riveted on. They failed to stay in place, because silver is just too heavy for hair.

I don't think quality comes into it, as there is little difference between cheap and expensive grips and there are lots available on line.

My picture shows one from 2004, when all I had to record it was my photocopier. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sp3b Barrette.jpg  

Can’t be of any help as I’d make my own but not in any numbers.
    That’s a lovely clip Dennis, I love the flow of it and imagine it would look really pretty when worn

Ha ha Caroline, that's the one I showed this week, cut up for a shawl pin. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sp3 Shawl Pin from Barrette.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Ha ha Caroline, that's the one I showed this week, cut up for a shawl pin. Dennis.
    So it is! Sorry I liked it even better as a clasp, pity it was too heavy. You’d need really thick lustrous curls and lots of hairspray!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Haha. Was thinking you liked that design a lot Dennis!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk