Thread: Where to hallmark

Default Where to hallmark

I've made a couple of these and they are the same both sides would you hallmark one side or solder a tag on for hallmarking. I doubt they can mark inside one edge?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi Kathryn, not sure if I’m seeing the photo properly but if the sides are open they can laser mark anywhere. I’m sure they did that for me on the inside

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Hi Kathryn, not sure if I’m seeing the photo properly but if the sides are open they can laser mark anywhere. I’m sure they did that for me on the inside
    It's two flat, parallel pieces held apart like a H by wire and tube if that makes sense so there isn't a surface inside that sits side on for it so depends if the can laser at an angle?

Yes, they can laser inside rings.
    If its something tricky I generally send it and just write , laser as appropriate where you can and they have always made good choices even with some things I couldn't work out where the heck they could do it LOL.

Hall marks add gravitas to your work, so they can really be on an outside surface and you can specify the size. All they require is a suitable smoothed out area, done with a rubber wheel, if the piece is textured. Dennis

Dennis beat me to it, I was going to say the old masters had a different view to what it seems most people have today Hallmarking was part of their signature

Sadly it seems to mean more to us than to the buyers these days. I’m very proud of my mark and especially being the only Scottish one but people look at me blankly. I’ve had a laser mark put on an inner edge so it is possible

Yes I've considered on the outside as well maybe that's the best option it would add interest in that one side would have it and the other not.