Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Theme Competition November 2018 - Colour

Default Theme Competition November 2018 - Colour

Hi everyone,

Autumn is here, the leaves are falling from the trees and the nights are getting longer, meaning there are plenty of crisp Autumn colours around.

That's why this month, we want to see your COLOUR themed designs - so whether you have been using vibrant gemstones, a touch of enamel, different coloured metals or something else to brighten up your pieces, make sure you enter this competition!

Our favourite will be chosen to win a £100 Cooksongold shopping spree.

Submit an image of your piece (along with a brief description if possible) on this thread by midnight, Friday 30th November 2018 to enter.

Good luck!

Terms & Conditions:

The closing date for the competition will be at midnight BST 30.11.18.

The judging will take place on 03.12.18. The following criteria are used to determine the winner: design, the technique used and the overall finish of the piece. The Cooksongold judging panel will make the final decision.

The winner will be announced and notified via the forum by 07.12.18. The winner must redeem their shopping spree (up to the total value of £100) using their own Cooksongold account and within 2 months of receiving their winner information email.

In the case of the winner's shopping spree exceeding the total prize value of £100, the winner is liable to pay for any amount over the value of £100.

The competition is open to all Cooksongold customers aged 18 years and over. Only one entry per person.

Employees of Cooksongold, their agents and families are excluded from the competition together with any person connected to the competition.

To enter the competition, simply comment on the relevant forum thread with a photo of your themed design. No correspondence will be entered into.

All designs submitted must be the original work of the individual submitting them and must not infringe the rights of any other party. Cooksongold reserves the right to contact an entrant for further clarification if necessary.

Cooksongold reserves the right to disqualify any entry if it has reasonable grounds to believe you have breached any of these terms and conditions.

In submitting your design, you give your permission for it to be included in any marketing or any other promotional material connected with this draw, and for Cooksongold to upload your design to Instagram and Pinterest if it is chosen as the winner. Copyright for all images submitted for this draw remains with the respective entrants.

Entry into the competition is deemed as acceptance of the rules.

Cooksongold reserves the right to amend these rules at any time and to cancel or amend the competition if for any reason we believe it cannot be conducted fairly or in accordance with these terms and conditions.

Imagery associated with this competition is not representative of the exact prize, and is for marketing purposes only. Cookson Precious Metals Ltd reserves the right to change the prize for one of equivalent value.

The promoter is Cookson Precious Metals Ltd. Please note that competitions and promotions featured on this page are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest.

You are providing your information to: Cookson Precious Metals Ltd, 59-83 Vittoria Street, Birmingham, B1 3NZ, United Kingdom.

The information you provide will only be passed to external partners e.g. couriers to enable the awarding of prizes.

No purchase necessary. There is no cash alternative.

These terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with English law.

So I have to use the colors of autumn specifically for this contest? Or any colors will do? Also, it can be necklace, bracelet, ring, or any kind of jewelry?

Quote Originally Posted by meyerein View Post
    So I have to use the colors of autumn specifically for this contest? Or any colors will do? Also, it can be necklace, bracelet, ring, or any kind of jewelry?
    It's entirely up to you, you are free to enter a piece which fits either - as long as you submit a piece of handmade jewellery which has a colour theme.

This is probably my most colourful piece
    I have quite a collection of opals but I think this one is still my favourite as it has so many colours and is totally different depending how you turn it to the light.
    Pipe wood fossil boulder opal set with a mix of sapphires,diamonds, spessartite, zircon and garnets with a 6mm by 4mm morganite pear drop.
    9ct yellow and white gold.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cascadependantcrop.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	11666

Name:	cascadeonbust2crop.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	11667
    Last edited by enigma; 08-11-2018 at 04:02 PM.

This is one of my pot pourri bowls, decorated with poppies, a relevant bloom for this month and quite colourful.

Name:	076b- Pot pourri bowl.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	11668

James

Quote Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
    This is one of my pot pourri bowls, decorated with poppies, a relevant bloom for this month and quite colourful.

Name:	076b- Pot pourri bowl.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	11668

James
    That’s beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jengreenwood View Post
    Hi everyone,

Autumn is here, the leaves are falling from the trees and the nights are getting longer, meaning there are plenty of crisp Autumn colours around.

That's why this month, we want to see your COLOUR themed designs - so whether you have been using vibrant gemstones, a touch of enamel, different coloured metals or something else to brighten up your pieces, make sure you enter this competition!

Our favourite will be chosen to win a £100 Cooksongold shopping spree.

Submit an image of your piece (along with a brief description if possible) on this thread by midnight, Friday 30th November 2018 to enter.

Good luck!

Terms & Conditions:

The closing date for the competition will be at midnight BST 30.11.18.

The judging will take place on 03.12.18. The following criteria are used to determine the winner: design, the technique used and the overall finish of the piece. The Cooksongold judging panel will make the final decision.

The winner will be announced and notified via the forum by 07.12.18. The winner must redeem their shopping spree (up to the total value of £100) using their own Cooksongold account and within 2 months of receiving their winner information email.

In the case of the winner's shopping spree exceeding the total prize value of £100, the winner is liable to pay for any amount over the value of £100.

The competition is open to all Cooksongold customers aged 18 years and over. Only one entry per person.

Employees of Cooksongold, their agents and families are excluded from the competition together with any person connected to the competition.

To enter the competition, simply comment on the relevant forum thread with a photo of your themed design. No correspondence will be entered into.

All designs submitted must be the original work of the individual submitting them and must not infringe the rights of any other party. Cooksongold reserves the right to contact an entrant for further clarification if necessary.

Cooksongold reserves the right to disqualify any entry if it has reasonable grounds to believe you have breached any of these terms and conditions.

In submitting your design, you give your permission for it to be included in any marketing or any other promotional material connected with this draw, and for Cooksongold to upload your design to Instagram and Pinterest if it is chosen as the winner. Copyright for all images submitted for this draw remains with the respective entrants.

Entry into the competition is deemed as acceptance of the rules.

Cooksongold reserves the right to amend these rules at any time and to cancel or amend the competition if for any reason we believe it cannot be conducted fairly or in accordance with these terms and conditions.

Imagery associated with this competition is not representative of the exact prize, and is for marketing purposes only. Cookson Precious Metals Ltd reserves the right to change the prize for one of equivalent value.

The promoter is Cookson Precious Metals Ltd. Please note that competitions and promotions featured on this page are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest.

You are providing your information to: Cookson Precious Metals Ltd, 59-83 Vittoria Street, Birmingham, B1 3NZ, United Kingdom.

The information you provide will only be passed to external partners e.g. couriers to enable the awarding of prizes.

No purchase necessary. There is no cash alternative.

These terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with English law.
    This is my entry of a copper pendant. I placed silver pins and other bits on top to create a foliage design by reticulation, sanded back the silver and then coloured the copper to a brighter pinky hue around the edges of the silver.
    I just love the colour of it. Reminds me of this time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the entries we have had so far, we can't wait to see what else you have in store!

Good luck

Jen

Sarah, James and Mandy, love your entries! This is looking to be an exciting competition month

Hi all,

Just a gentle reminder that we are now over halfway through this month's competition, so if you haven't entered your design now is the time to do so!

Good luck everyone

Jen