Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Earrings for Frida Kahlo.

Dennis , I am no way Frieda's art fan but your earrings are great ! and I am totally astonished how you kept them well polished and finished... I find this part trickiest of all!!!!!! love those!!

Thank you.
    I like things tidy, so I tried to remove any small dings and glitches first. Then I put the separate parts (shown in the first picture) into my tumbler for about four hours. Assembly amounted to just soldering-on the top bead, after which it was tumbled again, for even longer.

If there was a secret, I think it was the very small stainless steel shot from Creative Glass, which leaves fewer pits from the needles and gets in everywhere. Dennis.

So Denis , was this friday in Morley for my class and saw those beauties! They look lovely! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ABA11C3E-183D-48F0-8DE1-FCCBF53F7AC8.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	11688
    damn not sure how to rotate pic on mobile!!!! but was exciting to see it in life!!!
    Last edited by Ankolosova; 19-11-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Ha ha, found out at last.
    Actually, if the picture is taken 'portrait', it comes out on its side here, so for websites is best to stay in landscape mode.

yes , ups, taking pics is not my strongest side!!! still no idea how iPhone operates when you do portrait or landscape.!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Following the very successful exhibition at the London Victoria & Albert Museum, ‘Frieda Kahlo: Making herself up’, our project for this term was to make some earrings she might have worn.

I decided to use traditional materials to make, I hope, suitably flamboyant fuchsia flowers in silver wire with gold embellishments.

My first picture shows the main components, which were then assembled and fixed in place by soldering-on a gold bead at the very top. The idea was to reduce the risk to the wire work when soldering. Even so, it proved tricky to get the joint hot enough without melting anything.

Materials: 0.9 and 1.1mm sterling wire, Re-cycled gold from my scrap pot, 3.3mm 9ct yellow tubing for the bead. Dennis.
    So intricate. Beautiful Dennis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk