Hi there

I've been making jewellery for a couple of years now (just basic stuff - stacking rings, bezel setting etc) and wondering if someone out there can help me with my current project.
I am trying to make a very simple disc pendant with small stone bezel set in the centre (discs tend to be between 10-13mm set with 2-4mm stones).
It's all fine and very straight forward until I get to the polishing bit... To remove the fire scale and scratches from setting the stone from the flat disc I find I have to go in with a reasonable abrasive (currently using Micromesh Flexfiles) then going through the grades to get it as shiny as possible. Problem is because I have to go in all different directions to get around the setting in the centre I'm invariably left with scratches that haven't come out, and I also can't get right in close to the bezel or fit the Flexfile in between the bezel and the bail etc.
I hope this isn't sounding too daft! But is there an easier solution? Perhaps something to go on the flex shaft? I do use the Flex shaft for polishing other items I make using different grades of silicon heads, but I find that these can sometimes produce an uneven surface when using on bigger areas that are flat.
It's quite fiddly and takes so much work for a not-so-great finish.
Hope someone can help!

Thanks!

Chelsey