Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Personalised Engraving

You asked for thoughts and suggestions and you don’t seem to like anything people have taken the time to say. I was not in any way sarcastic. We are all makers not traders of second hand jewellery and there is no need to be rude

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    You asked for thoughts and suggestions and you don’t seem to like anything people have taken the time to say. I was not in any way sarcastic. We are all makers not traders of second hand jewellery and there is no need to be rude
    I seriously think you need to read the thread again! I was not said that your response was sarcastic. Yours has been the most helpful. Saying to change my name is not helpful nor funny. I was referring to this post and the subsequent laughing at it, not helpful in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by AD4M View Post
    I seriously think you need to read the thread again! I was not said that your response was sarcastic. Yours has been the most helpful. Saying to change my name is not helpful nor funny. I was referring to this post and the subsequent laughing at it, not helpful in any way.
    As a side note, I'm not a jewellery trader. I was looking for advice on the reuse/upcycle side of secondhand personalised jewellery. Apologises if I've used the incorrect chat section.

I have read the thread and if my response was the most helpful then you chose not to say thanks for that Caroline but to make personal comments about others business techniques. I’m sure Sarah can fight her own battles but this has become a lot of nonsense about something that is only a matter of opinions and not expertise on our part.

The answer I would give to your question is its worth scrap value unless you can prove providence to something special or get someone to buy it which experience says they are not going to as jewellery tends to be a personal thing. Unless you can engrave the economical thing to do is throw it in the melting pot and make something new. Hope this helps and please lighten up a bit, your not doing yourself any favours.

I was looking for help and advice not sarcastic responses. Helpfulness creates contacts and generates business. How is that negative?
    One person's sarcasm is another's banter. The facetious comment made did not warrant your response.

Can I remind people of the "report post" button again, please?
    Last edited by ps_bond; 08-10-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by josef1 View Post
    The answer I would give to your question is its worth scrap value unless you can prove providence to something special or get someone to buy it which experience says they are not going to as jewellery tends to be a personal thing. Unless you can engrave the economical thing to do is throw it in the melting pot and make something new. Hope this helps and please lighten up a bit, your not doing yourself any favours.
    That's fair, it's probably an avoid. My initial feeling was similar, be easier to melt and start again rather than working with the existing piece.

I buy and sell jewellery,sometimes I fill and remove engraving and sometimes I leave it,one example was a black enamelled gold cross with "Rosa 1867" it had a compartment for hair in the back ,in that case I preferred to leave it as it had historical value.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for your non helpful response
    Wassup with that?
    Reminds me of me (only boy) and my 3, yes 3 sisters
    This isn't abnormal is it?