Thread: Lapidary Service

Default Lapidary Service

Hi, I wonder if anyone knows where in Glasgow I can get a gemstone cabochon re-shaped. I bought a lovely garnet one to make something for my sister and it chipped at the edges on setting. I have since re-set a new stone, but I don't want to throw the other one out, as it is probably big enough to re-shape into a smaller cab.

Hi unfortunately I am on the South coast otherwise I could have , if you ask on this facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1413911112256201/ , someone may be able to help . Failing that you can always post it .
    Cheers John

Thanks John. If I can't find anyone nearer home I will revert to you. Much appreciated.

Gaby

I met a group at the Rock Gem & Bead Show in Musselburgh earlier this year and recall they were based in Leith. I have their card over in my studio but can get the number to you next week if that’s any good. Alternatively you might find them on google.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re shaping a stone inevitably makes it smaller, sometimes unpredictably so. If you deduct the loss in value for being smaller and the fee and return postage to have it reshaped, the arithmetic might not be in your favour.

In the worst case scenario, you can always crush it and scatter it for a background, as I did for this retro brooch. Dennis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails t Transmitter Receiver Brooch.jpg