Thread: Replacement clasp

Default Replacement clasp

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FD720EA7-A842-47C5-B6A6-B6DBFC1DADC7.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	11592I have been asked to replace the clasp on this very pretty amber bracelet as the existing clasp although well adjusted tends to catch on her clothing and opens. It was lost for quite some time and now found she naturally wants a more secure clasp. Any ideas?
    Oh dear can’t upload a photo now! Must be me! Do tell me how to upload a photo from my photos please!
    David....Ruedeleglise
    Last edited by Ruedeleglise; 20-09-2018 at 09:32 PM.

Click on the icon 2 along from the envelope along the top of the txt box and then click on choose file and then upload.
    If the catch is sound maybe it just needs a safety chain added, my tuppence worth until we see the pic

That's the one with a framed picture of a tree.
    If you press 'Go Advanced', you will get a paperclip that does the same thing, but also the option to preview your post, before you submit. Dennis.

Is that what it is Dennis, you have sharper eyesight than me!

Yes. This is what I have done before but I think on my laptop. On my iPad it just doesn’t work! I will try same on my laptop as soon as I can. But thank you CJ57 for that obvious solution! Why didn’t I think of that!! I will ring and see if that fits the bill. Thanks all of you and I hope eventually to be able to post photos as before?
    David.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruedeleglise View Post
    Yes. This is what I have done before but I think on my laptop. On my iPad it just doesn’t work! I will try same on my laptop as soon as I can. But thank you CJ57 for that obvious solution! Why didn’t I think of that!! I will ring and see if that fits the bill. Thanks all of you and I hope eventually to be able to post photos as before?
    David.
    I only use my iPad, I wonder if your photo is too big

If you host the pictures on something like photobucket (its free) then use the url link. I have made a quick video showing how I did this .

Last edited by josef1; 21-09-2018 at 01:23 PM.

You sure about Photobucket as a recommendation, Joe? I didn't think they'd improved things since shafting everyone last year (and breaking a lot of posts in a lot of fora).

Oh I didnt know they had been out of order, I only use it for this forum and its always been ok for me. I'm sure there are others I will have a play and see what I can come up with as an alternative.