Thread: Plier stand. How do you store them?

Default Plier stand. How do you store them?

Atm i use a pampered chef utensil stand that rotates. Its quite big in diameter and gets on my nerves!
    Just got back from Crete and went into a jewellery shop cos i saw the mini studio set up in the corner...(was in there like a shot!)
    He had a metal rod the full length of the desk stood on stands that held loads of pliers.
    What do you use and would recommend?
    Following on from a previously post on what we take with us when away... Only made one item, a wired leaf on the plane and drank beer, wine and anything else the rest of the time!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plier stands will drive you mad, as your favourite pliers will be forever falling off and landing out of sight behind them.

I have two perspex A-shaped ones and they definitely add to my stress levels.

The school I attend part time has rails screwed onto the edges of the benches. People brush against them to create a plier hail storm.

And whatever you do, avoid magnetic tool holders or you will get clusters of magnetised tools to torment you.

Perhaps these from Cookson are the answer? Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.jpg  

I’ve always had them in my favourite mugs, you can get a lot of pliers round the edge of a mug! I have a few full of needle files and small tools, tweezers and they are also memories of different times. My husband made me a rack and as Dennis said they endlessly fall off and actually take up far too much room so uts relegated under the bench now

I have one of the wooden ones from Cooksons that Dennis posted.
    It works ok except for one pair of pliers that have a wider handle and don't fit in properly.

You've probably got more pliers than I have but similar to the mug idea I'm a sucker for tins. My pliers hang around the edge of a tin, and I've got other bits and bobs inside like binding wire. I'm a total sucker for inexpensive storage so keep every cute tin (tweezers and picks are in a free tin that came with a cereal, solder pallions are in little tins etc) and today I tried to get creative and couldn't so sorted out my burs by making holes in the lid of a tub and slotting them in, writing the size next to them. And I keep my wire and sheet in the £1 CD case you can see here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180908_224243.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	11581