Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ferric Nitrate Crystals

For resist I use Sharpie oil paint pen, nail varnish (and use nail decoration plates to add random designs) and have used Staz-On ink but that tends to float away too quickly for my liking. I've yet to play with toner ink direct from paper or with PnP and transparencies/UV light - but they're all on my list and sitting on a shelf waiting for me to have a go. As Dennis says you can attach your metal to polystyrene to float it in the solution, and for rings and tube I use a length of dental floss attached with gaffer tape to the sides of the outer tub.
    Wooden chopsticks or coffee stirrers are handy for a bit of gentle agitation/general poking/lifting things out, and don't forget a good supply of bicarb for neutralising at the end (although I'm sure you've done your homework and know all of this)

Hi vsilvered
    Now you are just showing me up as I’m too lazy to go down the electro etching route, it has always seemed like it would be such a faff - probably should though, if it’s more environmentally friendly.
    Yes misspond, I was planning on polystyrene islands using double sided sticky tape. I don’t like stays on much either, doesnt seem all that appropriately named to me. Dental floss is a good idea, i’ll remember that. Everyone seems out of stock of the oil based sharpies just now (bizarre). Think I’m gonna try transparencies cos if I can get that to work I won’t have to bother with the v expensive, short shelf life of the pnp.