Hi everyone, happy Sunday

I'm looking for a little advice and hope you can help because if you guys can't I don't know who can!

I have a *very* small jewellery business (possibly I'm kidding myself and it's more of a hobby that sometimes brings in money) and I've been trying hard to get it off the ground a little more.

My style more often than not involves turquoise or earthy stones, chunkier rings and a boho, western feel... basically the type of jewellery I love to wear.

The thing is this- I have had numerous commissions based on my designs, but aside from one ring I've never actually sold anything NOT custom made. I'm finding this a little disheartening since I've been told my work is great and it obviously inspires people to ask for customs... But it doesn't sell.

A friend told me I should be looking at trends and making small, low price items I can sell in bulk- such as stackers etc. The thing is, I'm happy to do this but I've never been a trend person. I couldn't, say, make a starfish stacking ring and honestly say I'm being true to myself.

Am I being silly? Should I be looking at trends? Or should I power on and stay true?

I'm due to drop a day at work in September to give myself more time to build my business, but I'm terrified nothing will sell and as much as I love custom work I would really like to be able to stabilise my sales.

Long message, apologies!
Any advice would be so appreciated.

Thank you and have a cracking Sunday

Nina

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk