Quote Originally Posted by josef1 View Post
I would explain that that's the design she was happy with and you would be glad to modify it but at her expense. Thats the big problem with bespoke work is its more pinning the customer to a design than making the jewellery ! If she had paid top money yes maybe there is wiggle room but you have already gone above and beyond in offering her a very good price. If she is asking you to change the design just because she does not like it she should pay for at least to cover your time and materials. You have supplied a very nice ring don't under sell yourself be confident in your work it looks great. If you pick a colour for the decorator to paint your living room you would not expect him to buy new paint and repaint it for nothing because you don't like the colour when its painted ?

Thank you xx I really need to start charging more but i seem to have too much of a sensitive side for people who say they cant afford things, i get sob stories about how they have young kids and can never afford things, and whilst i agree its hard when your a parent, you can save for nice things! I have 2 boys (3.5 and 19 months) but that didnt stop me saving for the tools to start doing jewelry! especially as i only started about 9 months ago haha. I guess because im not professional i feel its wrong of me to charge more :S