Thread: Micromotor as pendant drill?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Micromotor as pendant drill?

Hi everyone,
    I really want to start learning to flush set diamonds, but i only have a flex shaft on a dremel 4000 it has varying speeds but i cant control the speed with a foot pedal which i think would be very handy. I cant afford a pendant motor sadly but i saw micromotor marathon drills and thought they looked like they might do the same job? can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thankyou

Yes you can use a micromotor to cut seats and many other operations some only have a micromotor, they are not powerful as a pendant, I would be surprised if it would be a lot cheaper.

I would think the Marathon micromotors may be cheaper. I have a foredom and it was so much more expensive than the pendant

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    I would think the Marathon micromotors may be cheaper. I have a foredom and it was so much more expensive than the pendant
    Thank you both,
    I dont know if its a good deal but i managed to buy a second hand SECO pendant motor hardly used with a fingertip controller for £125. Im hoping its worth the extra £70-80

The foot control is more sensitive as you can tegulate it as you go without having to take a hand away to change the speed n a dial.if you can work a sewing machine a foot control is no bother

Fine control of the speeds is essential - *any* foot pedal is an improvement. The SECO sounds a good buy.

I use my micromotors for drilling, cutting seats, polishing... TBH, the pendant motor rarely gets used now.