Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Micromotor as pendant drill?

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Absolutely not the case. There are plenty of manufacturers who do not use Chinese factories to manufacture, yet still get copied.

I use my micromotors almost exclusively now for setting, grinding, polishing, drilling. The fine control you get you cannot achieve with a hand-held Dremel, the units are easier to handle (smaller & lighter) and you can slow-start with practice. I'd suggest having a look & see which attachments you have that aren't 2.35mm and work out a) if you can do without them, b) if you can find an alternative or c) you can use the Dremel on just those attachments. Drill bits are the biggest issue - you really need to use shanked bits with a micromotor; there are small chucks available, but I don't find them terribly good.
    Thank you Peter, even more convinced more now that I have to find something quieter then Dremel to feel safer and more confident!

Haha, nice try, but I wouldn't buy from them. If you go to their dentalPlaza/Meet The Team page and click on some of the 'Team' images and ask Google to search for them, you will start to see that some at least are Stock Images. Ms Eroglu in particular is multi-talented and not only has 4 years experience as a Customer Services representative in dentistry, but also works as a Website Developer in Vancouver Canada, and for a Balloon Manufacturer in the USA.

Although it is common practice to use such Stock Images in corporate websites, to humanise them a little, it is somewhat rarer to actually give names to Stock faces.

i would equate 'Fake Staff' = 'Fake Product'

Ah! Mr Millward works variously in Customs Clearance, Taxation, Transportation and Drug Free Workplace Training, around the world, simultaneously. A truly New Renaissance man. That's just the first page, he's a popular young man/image; there are 13 pages of him at least! Best laugh I've had all day, and today I've laughed at lot.

Their PR Director Alexis Rosa also works here as an Optical Dispensing Manager, where they know her as Pam: https://www.easttneyes.com/about/
    Last edited by Paul Kay; 09-08-2018 at 10:31 PM.

You spent longer tracking down the images than I did - after the Aberdeen one (not a stock photo) I didn't go any further. Mind you, I'm glad you did - you've given me a laugh too.

Still, there's an important caveat shown - just because an organisation has a .uk address doesn't mean they're in the UK.

... - after the Aberdeen one (not a stock photo) I didn't go any further.

Yes, the Aberdeen Dental School one was the one that prompted me to check the 'Team' photos. Very true about .uk addresses, but it cuts both ways, when EU regulations forced Italy to open up their .it addresses to the residents of other EU nations, and 'thing'it was still a popular meme for application, company and domain names I registered a number of 'name'.it domain names for company and personal use. Happily a meme that has generally died out, I personally hated it as a lazy option.
    Last edited by Paul Kay; 10-08-2018 at 08:44 AM.

Sounds about as bad as the Mesopotamia TLD.
    Or is that not what the .me domains are about?

Sounds about as bad as the Mesopotamia TLD.
    Or is that not what the .me domains are about?
    Arggh! caught out for my vanity domain.