Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you take a project on your hols?

Default Do you take a project on your hols?

Going on hols in a few weeks and am thinking about what to take with me to do.
    Hubbys not coming (miserable bgr) so just me and the kids so i might have some time on my hands.
    Do you take stuff?
    If so, what sort?
    Cant take my torch, drills and pickle really!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually take a knitting project.
    For jewellery I might take a sketchbook for designs but mostly it’ll just be knitting. And that reminds me, I need to sort out a project for my holiday in a couple of weeks too!
    Hazel

I take a sketch book, pencils, sharpener and rubber, and a book of jewellery making that I have been too distracted to read at home.
    I also haunt seaside gift shops, for exotic shells and stones and to browse the jewellery on offer.

What are holidays?

Seriously, last time we went on holiday was 4 years ago and no, I didn't take anything , its meant to be a break and Im awful at doing that if I have anything I can be doing.
    I do monitor my shops and answer queries 365 days a year though....

I take watercolours. Don't have any talent though.

Quote Originally Posted by JewelleryByMandy View Post
    Going on hols in a few weeks and am thinking about what to take with me to do.
    Hubbys not coming (miserable bgr) so just me and the kids so i might have some time on my hands.
    Do you take stuff?
    If so, what sort?
    Cant take my torch, drills and pickle really!

Yes its a break bit the lazy days i cant just sit around, need to be doing something. Its therapy for me...
    I dont paint or draw really so thats out but its a great idea, not too many materials.
    Im thinking lots of wire, maybe a crochet needle and see what beads I can find there.
    Maybe i might enjoy not even doing anything, who knows... interesting to see what you all do though... x

Smile

I take a colouring-in book and pencils, magazines and a book of really easy crosswords. I prefer to do something differant to my usual. Need to stop taking the internet with me though, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I take a sketch book, pencils, sharpener and rubber, and a book of jewellery making that I have been too distracted to read at home.
    I also haunt seaside gift shops, for exotic shells and stones and to browse the jewellery on offer.
    Dennis, are you browsing jewellery for inspiration or do you buy? Have you got a wee collection of other people's work?

No, no stash of bought jewellery, but by looking at lots in shops galleries and museums, also people watching, you get to learn of all the possible ways to make it. Dennis.

I always take something to do. It would annoy me that I couldn't do the things I enjoy during my free time! When I had the kids about my spare time was generally used drawing/ designing planning. Last year I went to st. Ives Cornwall for my hols with the OH - first year the kids didn't come! He cycles lots and it's too hilly for me there we drive so I was able to take a saw, some files, silver, gems, a small torch, solder and some safety pickle powder. Great place for inspiration too.
    I made a brooch!
    This year we went to London, I spent a week at Morley college - loved every minute of it!