Thread: Russian wedding ring

Default Russian wedding ring

Was going to go on a course for this but decided to have a go myself. It is Stirling silver 3.2x1.5mm half round wire. The band across the top is textured and the other two are plain. Quite pleased with my first attempt.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Russian wedding ring .jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	11453

Can't see the texture very well in the photo but the ring looks great. Out of interest Keliz, do you have to make the individual rings a slightly larger size so they fitted when completed?

Yes they seem like a good fit. I found it interesting that they roll over each other when wearing them and keep a grip.
    Now you know how to do them, how about a three colour version in 9ct?
    Cant remember how much bigger they have to be. is it a half size? They would certainly be a nuisance to re-size. Dennis

That looks really good.
    I did a Russian bangle and the sizing was ok thanks to some help on here, not sure about sizing a ring though.
    3 colours would look great.

It’s not an exact science. I made each ring 3 sizes larger so if you were a size M you would make them size P. I think this can change depending on the thickness of the wire.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellz View Post
    Was going to go on a course for this but decided to have a go myself. It is Stirling silver 3.2x1.5mm half round wire. The band across the top is textured and the other two are plain. Quite pleased with my first attempt.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Russian wedding ring .jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	11453
    Id love to make one. That looks lovely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kellz View Post
    It’s not an exact science. I made each ring 3 sizes larger so if you were a size M you would make them size P. I think this can change depending on the thickness of the wire.
    Thanks Kellz, will have to give it a go some time.