Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Three Thumb Rings.

Default Three Thumb Rings.

One of my clients has discovered thumb rings, so I made these three out of sterling to give her a choice of designs.

The first is filigree with leaf shapes and tube set red crystals. The leaf shapes were soldered in while flat, but the tubes were added on a ceramic soldering cone after bending.

Wire for borders and shanks, 1.3mm round. Wire for leaves 0.7mm flattened.

The next is a flat ring with a bezel set amethyst and two citrines. Small oval bezels can be tough to set, so I used my Dremel engraver with the tip reversed as a mechanical hammer.

Roll textured back plate 0.7mm. Wire for rims, 1.2mm sterling.
    Bezel strip 0.45mm fine silver, made from rolled down round wire.

The last is a flush set ring made from oval wire, using 6x 2.2mm black diamonds and 6x 2.0mm white diamonds. I was way out of my comfort zone for this one, as I don’t have a microscope, just a 6x magnification headband and my eyes were tiring rather quickly.

Drawn down sterling oval wire, 2.4x 4.5mm. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tr Three Thumb Rings.jpg  

Very nice Dennis. I’ve become quite a ring person recently probably because I don’t have to think about them once they are on. I’d love to wear any one of those but I’d probably need to take better care of them

Aww, they're so good! Particularly like the flush set one, which is surprising as i usually find flush set rings uninteresting

All three are nice, 2.2 and 2.mm and I thought setting 4 mm sapphires was a pain

They are all lovely Dennis but I especially like the filigree one, really pretty.

Bet your client goes for all three of them. I'd have a hard time choosing, they're all gorgeous.

Dennis, they are lovely and I really appreciate you taking the time to explain how you have made them. So helpful for those less experienced. Thank you!

Very nice Dennis. I also think the filigree one is my favourite - it's a bit different and very pretty.
    Sally

and you take beautiful pictures!

Thank you all for liking the rings. Dennis.