Thread: International Shipping- How do you arrange yours cost effectively?

Default International Shipping- How do you arrange yours cost effectively?

Hello Everyone,

As the title states i am looking for tips on how to set-up cost effective international shipping.

The quotes i have been receiving are ridiculous and customers will not pay it but i see others charging a fraction of it so wanted to ask how?

As it stands the cheapest quote i have had is £25 to send a mere necklace to the states but im seeing others charging nearer £15

Anyway i hope someone can help.

Thanks
    Mick

Not sure how much help I can be as Im in Portugal not the UK.
    But I ship weekly to the US on a standard tracked service which works out at £5-£10 depending on the size of the package.
    I use our equivalent of the Royal mail.
    One thing here is that I couldn't get anybody to properly insure jewellery though so I cover the risk myself.
    I think you can from the UK but obviously if its high value that puts the price up a lot and tbh the chances of getting your money out of some of these companies should an item go missing are not great I don't think.

I’ve only sent a couple of things to the US but they just went Royal Mail tracked and signed for at the other end and if I remember it was about £9 which the customer was happy to pay. Although you are asked to put a value this end you’ll find many discussions on here about them not paying for anything but the value of the materials and not the price so you just have to hope everything arrives.
    I’ve also found that they arrive within a couple of days in the US but once they have gone through their various systems it takes more than a week.

Thank You for all the replies.

I tried the local post office and it was under £15 so i am happy with that and hopefully my customers will be too

I hope i will be doing alot of international post moving forward as sea glass is hugely popular in the US, Canada and Alaska.

Thanks Again
    Mick