Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Finally have our Seaglass just how we want it- What do you think?

Thats really interesting Mick, I always wondered about the origins of sea glass!

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    Thats really interesting Mick, I always wondered about the origins of sea glass!
    Its a double edged sword to me.

In one way its a thing of beauty and a reminder of Englands industrious past, and in the other a reminder of our lack or respect for the planet. At least its a non toxic reminder that hopefully inspires people to care more.

For me this technique is interesting for the bicoloured glass you find at Seaham and in a couple of other places in the world - but for regular green/blue/brown etc seaglass it's stripping away the thing that has made it 'sea'glass and returning it to being...well...glass. As the bicolour is the only thing that can be used to identify the glass as genuine Seaham seaglass I would focus on these rather than the single colours. My 2 pence worth...

Quote Originally Posted by belette View Post
    For me this technique is interesting for the bicoloured glass you find at Seaham and in a couple of other places in the world - but for regular green/blue/brown etc seaglass it's stripping away the thing that has made it 'sea'glass and returning it to being...well...glass. As the bicolour is the only thing that can be used to identify the glass as genuine Seaham seaglass I would focus on these rather than the single colours. My 2 pence worth...
    Yeah Its a fair suggestion. I have only sold multi's so far so i may we end up not polishing anymore basic glass.