Thread: 2 stone pendant

Default 2 stone pendant

...me again.. I just finished this pendant and made a bit of a pig's ear out of it! Is there a rule of thumb for placing another setting above? There wasn't enough space for me to push over the metal on the diamond - it was all very cramped. Perhaps I should have added a tiny ball between them to make it easier? Or should the upper setting be taller than the setting below? I really am stumped.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001 copy.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	11414
    I suppose this is what happens when teaching oneself!
    Any advice gratefully received.

You need to make sure there is enough height that isn't soldered to the other setting, I tend to have wire separating to make that easier.
    They can finish at the same height if you want and touch lower down but you at least need a thin gap between them at the top where you want to push the bezel over.
    This is with wire around and each bezel sitting above the wire:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	divineearthnecklace.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	11415
    And this ring has them touching but with a tiny gap at the top of each bezel
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intothemysticcrop.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	11416

Having the space of the wire is the easiest as the closer they are the harder it is to get into the space you need at the angle you need to push over.

Thank you Sarah - next time I will make sure there is something separating them, perhaps a blob of gold.

Enigma, that pendant as absolutely gorgeous. Just thought i would say