Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are you sitting on ?

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    I use a gas-lift office chair (with no arms) for most things - working under the scope and laser work too. Cheaper ones fall apart & wobble too much for my liking so I paid (slightly) more; think it was in the order of £100.

I'd *like* a Bambach, but until I find one at a price I'm prepared to pay that'll remain wishful thinking. There's a few copies around, no idea how good they are - some of the dental ones might be viable.

For computer work I use a kneeling chair - I don't use one at the bench because a) you can't anchor yourself by planting your feet and b) you can't reach a foot pedal. Well, you can, but it completely defeats the point of using a kneeling chair and ain't ideal for posture.
    Wow they are expensive, I bet they are good though. I agree with spending a little more on office chair so it doesn't fall apart and wobble
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    I use a saddle seat on wheels like this
    http://www.beautelle.co.uk/water/Sad...hoC_0AQAvD_BwE

I have a normal office chair at my computer desk where I spend a fair amount of time and I find it helps my back to switch between the two.
    That seems a bit of a better price. How has it held up so far. Sorry to hear you have back problems, I'm glad the two chairs you have are helping

I have one of these:clarke-wss-1-workshop-swivel-stool

But it is a bit too high for my bench

So I'm thinking of buying one of these:height-adjustable-mechanics-seat

But I'm not sure I want a seat with wheels.

I like stools because they tuck away neatly under the bench and give me more room when I need it.

My back is good actually but it would get stiff if I spent the number of hours I do at the bench in the same chair as my computer.
    We spend far too long sitting down in this job !