Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello to you all

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome, I really appreciate it. I have a question about a finding I bought a couple of weeks ago. Its extra large safety hook wire, I got them by mistake, I thought I had ordered the small ones. My question is.....what the heck can I do with them????? anything I do, doesn't look right
    I have to admit I always think these look odd too. I love extra long earring findings, but only when they're open. I've yet to see a design using these that I really like, though the regular ones look OK somehow.

Now there's a design challenge for us!

oh i like those, something long and elegant or just a large round bead would look fab

Hi Mystic

I've got some of those long earwires with the catch laying around somewhere as I'm not keen on them either - if anyone comes up with a good design idea for them I'll be in there like a shot. Done the dangly bead thing and they still don't look right to me.
    Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com

Is this what you are on about??

Could you thread some beads onto the earwire that runs up to the earlobe (if you don't like the bare length) and colour co-ordinate with something dangly?

Why? Why can't I insert a picture from Cooksons catalogue??

try that!! *Pack Of 10 Silver Safety Wire, Extra Large, Height 46mm
    Pack Of 10 Silver Safety Wire Extra Large Height 46mm

Product Code: NVK 031X

* Weight 5.38gms.

....now you'll have to look it up yourself!!
    Last edited by MuranoSilver; 23-09-2009 at 07:34 AM. Reason: adding cat. no. cos I can't get picture to load!

Default extra size wire hooks

Those are the ones, I have tried putting beads on the bare wire but it looks very odd, and everytime I showed them to my husband he didn't like the result, so I have put them in my drawer haha!! maybe I will send them back
    Anyway guys thanks for the suggestions.

Be well and have fun

yes Barbara, thats exactly the ones, I thought they were the regular sized ones DOH!!!!!!!!
    Maggie