Thread: Hello from D.C.

Default Hello from D.C.

I became interested in silversmithing while on a cruise of all places. I came home and took several great courses on design and fabrication. I found your site accidentally and am really looking foreword to participating and learning from the group.

Hi and welcome to the Forum. Ideally You will get a book for beginners to teach you the rudiments and go on a part time course to to try out techniques.
    Above all you need to visit shops and galleries and browse on line for inspiration. Then if you're stuck, we can trouble shoot. Dennis.

Hi and welcome. That must have been some inspirational cruise!
    If you’ve already taken some great courses do you have anything to show us? What’s being taught in your part of the world.

Thanks for the welcome. It was a great cruise. My wife bought a piece of fossilized coral and had it mounted in silver to hang from a chain. I looked at the work they did and thought “how did they do that, I bet I could do that”. And that led to jewelry design classes. I do have some things that I have made but looking at some of the great things on the site makes me hesitant to put them up.

We all started somewhere and luckily there was no internet when I did!