Thread: Polishing mops - which type?

Default Polishing mops - which type?

Hi - after years of using small mops on a pendant drill I am finally buying a polishing motor. I have decided on the Foredom M.BL-2CE because it it small and I don't have a lot of space! My question is this: can I get away with only 2 mops? 1 for pre-polish and one for final polish? If so, which is the best type to use?

I can't answer your question Theresa, as i rarely take down my polisher from a top shelf. But there are larger versions of the mini mops you already use, and if you start with two, you can add more later.

Hope you will show your shiny efforts. Kind Regards, Dennis.

Thanks Dennis - that got me going off to research larger mops and came across Moleroda who seem to make a wide range of polishing requisites. Perhaps I wont need to spend my hard earned on a motor now. Thank you, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by theresa View Post
    Thanks Dennis - that got me going off to research larger mops and came across Moleroda who seem to make a wide range of polishing requisites. Perhaps I wont need to spend my hard earned on a motor now. Thank you, much appreciated.
    I can recommend Moleroda as a supplier, I use them for a large proportion of my finishing/polishing supplies. In many cases they have their own, British made, versions of some of the well known big brand/expensive products at far more reasonable prices, in addition to many of their own developed products. Well worth a browse, but be warned, you WILL spend money!

Not simply British made - Moleroda make a number of products in house. Just up the road from me; always helpful.