Thread: Polishing Problems...

Default Polishing Problems...

Hello 👋

I have the metal barrelling starter kit and use the shot and barrelbrite powder which came with it.

The shot is not rusty at all, however, my silver on the last two uses has come out dirtier than when it went in!

On the last attempt I used fresh barrelbrite, thinking this might be the issue but it wasn’t.

I’ve tried googling this and it all comes back to rusty shot

Is anyone able to offer a solution???

Thank you 🙏🏻

Two things, if you have a rubber barrel, it will deteriorate with time and might need changing.
    Manchester Minerals sell a slightly alkaline soap to minimise this, though I suspect a pinch of bicarbonate or soda crystals with Barrelbrite would do just as well.

I have done a lot of trials with mixed stainless steel shot from various sources and recently found that the one from creative glass, is the finest and best polished to minimise those tiny pinpricks due to the needles. It also gets even better with use:
    https://www.creativeglassshop.co.uk/...ase=mixed+shot Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Two things, if you have a rubber barrel, it will deteriorate with time and might need changing.
    Manchester Minerals sell a slightly alkaline soap to minimise this, though I suspect a pinch of bicarbonate or soda crystals with Barrelbrite would do just as well.

I have done a lot of trials with mixed stainless steel shot from various sources and recently found that the one from creative glass, is the finest and best polished to minimise those tiny pinpricks due to the needles. It also gets even better with use:
    https://www.creativeglassshop.co.uk/...ase=mixed+shot Dennis.
    Useful tips. I havent used mine yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk