Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Setting gems into wood.....

Hello you are totally right and I was wrong....it is indeed their 45th....I should have known as I am 41 and I was deffo born AFTER they married hehehe! Do you know where to source flat cloudy sapphires from? I've had a quick search to no avail.....thank you, Nicola x ps. fingers crossed for that ingot

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle View Post
    Hi Caroline, thanks so much for that, you are a star. I am seeing my dad today so will show him and speak to him. Can you give me a rough idea of cost please? Nic x
    No cost at all, I bought them at an auction 20years ago and have thousands in every ‘gemstone’ and shape. They will be imperial rather than metric sizes for drilling holes but my OH says that’s not a problem.

Hello you are totally right and I was wrong....it is indeed their 45th....I should have known as I am 41 and I was deffo born AFTER they married hehehe! Do you know where to source flat cloudy sapphires from? I've had a quick search to no avail.....thank you, Nicola x ps. fingers crossed for that ingot
    Hi Pickle, It is the sort of thing you see at the gem shows but nothing now till September. If you are being offered free sapphires - I'd take them. Alternatively try searching sapphire slice, or ask Curious Gem who have some round cabs - not sure how flat they are on the back. Ux

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkmaiden View Post
    Hi Pickle, It is the sort of thing you see at the gem shows but nothing now till September. If you are being offered free sapphires - I'd take them. Alternatively try searching sapphire slice, or ask Curious Gem who have some round cabs - not sure how flat they are on the back. Ux
    Free blingy antique paste, not quite rich enough to offer free sapphires !

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Hehehe! Thank you Caroline....Dad's going to measure up etc...will let you know asap x

Hehehe! Thank you Caroline....Dad's going to measure up etc...will let you know asap x
    Ok, will go through the packets, those were only in the tubs. The rubies emeralds and aquamarine are particularly nice and much more standard in colour. I would imagine they date from around the 1950s and some seem to be French & Czech
    Now you just need to find a nice real sapphire to set in something
    Last edited by CJ57; 29-05-2018 at 06:38 PM.

Haha! Read it more carefully. They would do the job though. Mind you, I was given a free bag of alluvial sapphire gravel by a geologist in Oz many years ago. Don't know what to do with them though.

Ok, will go through the packets, those were only in the tubs. The rubies emeralds and aquamarine are particularly nice and much more standard in colour. I would imagine they date from around the 1950s and some seem to be French & Czech
    Now you just need to find a nice real sapphire to set in something
    We have seen this ukulele ring (you need to scroll down) - thought maybe I could set a sapphire in the hole? Unless anyone has any other ideas of ukulele themed jewellery ? http://www.guitarringsbyisis.com/Collection.htm

This sounds like an amazing project - please show us a picture when it's done!

That ukulele ring is cute as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLauren View Post
    This sounds like an amazing project - please show us a picture when it's done!

That ukulele ring is cute as well.
    I will do.....anniversary is not until September but we are allowing ourselves plenty of time x