Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Setting gems into wood.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle View Post
    Hi Caroline, just to say that the sapphires arrived on Monday....they are gorgeously sparkly and blingy...lush colour...my dad loves them, thank you so much....let the experimenting begin xxx
    That’s good, hope it works. We look forward to seeing the finished result

Can't wait to see the pics

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    That’s good, hope it works. We look forward to seeing the finished result
    Hi Caroline....at long last....here are some photos of the finished ukulele...it is so blingy but my photographing skills don't do it justice. In the light, the sapphires look like little blue electric bulbs! Dad didn't have time by the time of the anniversary but he is also hoping to mount some of the remaining stones in a circle of rosewood to be stuck around the sound hole.....even more bling Many thanks again to you and everyone else for their help and advice. Hey, maybe it's something your uke maker friend can try xxx Nicola.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uke3.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	11600Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uke1.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	11601Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uke2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	11602

It looks as if he’s made a great job of the ukulele Nicola. Not seeing the stones but glad they were of use. The colours were definitely blingy

Ah, sorry about that....the stones are set in the fret where MOP would usually be xxx I can see them but I know what I'm looking at! x

Don’t worry. Does your Mum like it more importantly?

yes, she LOVES it and can't wait to get on stage under the spotlights to sparkle xxx Couldn't have done it without you or the other Cookies xxx

Good result. Glad it all worked out. Caroline came up trumps too. How about another jewellery related project now? Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Good result. Glad it all worked out. Caroline came up trumps too. How about another jewellery related project now? Dennis.
    Thanks Dennis. Caroline has been a star. We took your advice about a special piece of jewellery with a real Sapphire. So, it will be ready soon.....ukulele related and as soon as we receive it I will post some pics. I didn't have the time, equipment, experience or inclination (due to breaking my tibia and fibula) to attempt to make anything myself so we outsourced it to someone else. Fingers crossed Nicola

Default Ukulele Jewellery

We had to get these made in the US as no-one in the UK does anything similar. There is a huge uke following in the UK now - loads of festivals and groups. Could be a business idea for someone? x

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ke ring and pendant.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	11606