Thread: Bunnings

Default Bunnings

I hear there are some cheap Bunnings stores over there

I've never felt the need for a bunning Bob, what are they?

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    I hear there are some cheap Bunnings stores over there
    If I'd known they were selling off all their Homebase stores for £1 I would have bought them! I'd never heard of Bunnings until their failure today so they must have kept it very low key when they took over. I hear HMV has paid the £1, wonder how that will work out. They'd already closed some of the Homebase stores around here on the takeover

Ah I see now, the dreaded Homebase. Well there are not that many around London and if you make the journey to one they are likely to be out of stock of what you came for.
    That said they can be brilliant for houseplants, something you need in a city department, So I would be sorry to see them go. Dennis.

I did not realize they had not changed the name, Bunnings is owned by Westfarmers they very rarely make bad investments on this scale, shares in Westfarmers jumped 1% on the announcement.
    Hilco the buyers will revive the Homebase name if they make a go of it Bunnings will get 20% if they resell in the future. Bunnings took a loss of 200 million GBP.

Wesfarmers are also selling Coles stores ( includes 900 Shell petrol stations) one of the two largest supermarket chains in Australia, not because of bad profits but as part of a restructure

My sister used to manage the plant displays. She jumped at redundancy when Bunnings took over - they were very arrogant and wouldn't listen to their new staff.