Thread: MM Markings

Default MM Markings

Hello,

I saw a set of round pliers and a set of flat pliers that had mm increments running down them, this looked like it could be very helpful at times....Does anyone know where I can get ahold of these pliers ?

Thank you

They are called looping pliers and Cookson have good selection. Generally the jaws are round and one side can be covered in clear tubing to make it softer.

Sometimes they are quite long and are sold as jump ring making pliers, but will only make five or six at a time.
    http://www.cooksongold.com/category_...looping+pliers

If you want them flat they are easily ground from standard pliers, but I have not seen them on sale. Dennis.

Thank you Dennis, but this are not the style I saw before. The pliers were regular rounds and flats that had an actual line marked out at 1mm,2mm,3mm etc from the tips to the base of the head section of the pliers. But thank you for the link

Have you tried looking on Rio Grande, it sounds like a tool a US company would stock? Can't say I've seen them on any of the usual suspects here

Well to be honest that is easily done with a saw blade and home made would be accurate enough for jewellery with only average care. Dennis.