Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barrel polisher - rusty shot

Thanks Dennis. Will treat myself. Don't seem to be able to reply with quote at the moment.

I didn't want to use it in case it ruined my work - at the time, I was up against it with a deadline so couldn't face maybe ruining the work!

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    A have a vision in my head now of all this carefree shot having a little dance and a skip in the barrel when no one is looking or listening
    Haha! Yep now that's what I'm picturing!

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    I'd agree with buying stainless steel shot (though I don't like the Cousins mix - it's got far too many sharp edges). But in the meantime, chuck it back in the barrel with half a can of coca cola and run for a couple of hours. White vinegar can work too, but smells horrible.

After use, either dry it really, really well (spread on a tray in a low oven is good, or a hairdryer if that's more convenient), or store in barrelling compound solution.
    Coca Cola? Really?? Guess I don't know want to know what it will do to my insides if it can get rid of rust! I'm more likely to go down the route of buying some stainless steel shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I've sampled all sorts of mixed shot in my search for the Holy Grail and even imported some, but the best so far for its tiny size and relative smoothness is the one from creative glass: http://www.creativeglassshop.co.uk/s...ase=mixed+shot

It gets even better with continued use and will not rust. Dennis.
    Thanks Dennis - I'm going to give it a go!