Thread: Durenamel

Default Durenamel

Hi all

Any one out there used or using Durenamel if so what is the opinion

( if you find mistakes I apologize typing with one eye )

Does not look as though this is a very popular product.

TBH Bob I'd never heard of it and had to look it up. I tried out araldite mixed with ground down pastels for the first time in years and it worked really well and was amazingly well liked at the OS. I couldn't sell it because the assay office had forgotten to mark it but sold at a show this weekend so will have a look at this stuff

May be that is is a old product that has been superseded by technology, I thought I had found a alternative, unfortunately is does not come in translucent.
    I may have another attempt at fired enamel, I may need to find a friendly kiln owner some where (or build one), I suspect my problem is to much uncontrolled heat, items keep slumping out of shape

I had answered this but it seems to have disappeared. I could only find it from Rio Grande and a UK company who uses it not sells it.
    My OH wanted to try enamelling having taken up fold form. He was getting quite good results from torch firing but then he's not selling to public

Yes I have been using the torch fire technique for 40 years in the seventies I made hundreds of enameled copper pieces could not make enough, then all of a sudden no none wanted it any more,
    I am becoming determined to beat this, I am attempting to enamel tiny leaves made from Argentium, so far when I reach adequate firing temp the little blighters slump and loose their shape

I haven't used argentium but I'm assuming from what's been said that it does this.
    I know Wallace has tried the Efcolour from Cookson for accents, I think it's household oven cured. I don't know if she used it much though and she's at Uni and very busy so not in here much