Thread: Rose gold ring shank

Default Rose gold ring shank

So i made this yesterday with rose gold wire and a setting, its all ready for a stone, But what stone to add?!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	32703609_10217201917826892_3284418463992381440_n.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	11247

I'd go for aquamarine or topaz. Ux

I find this very strange. For me the stone is the inspiration for the ring, so I choose that first. The metalwork is what presents it.
    Still that's just one point of view. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I find this very strange. For me the stone is the inspiration for the ring, so I choose that first. The metalwork is what presents it.
    Still that's just one point of view. Dennis.
    Thanks Dennis, I see your point about choosing the metalwork to go with the stone, in fact im doing just that with my current project which is a yellow 0.32ct diamond il be setting on a white gold shank in a yellow gold setting to bring out the colour of the diamond

Looks good Niamh.
    I normally create the ring around the stone too but Im guessing you wanted to try making the setting ?

Yes that's right Enigma, this was my third attempt at making a setting im hoping the fact the setting is white gold and the shank is rose gold isnt too much of a contrast, i quite like the colour difference! But thats why im trying to think of a stone most flattering for this contrast in colours. x

Im a big fan of mixed metal colours and often use a different colour setting.
    Lots of colours would work, it depends on your preference and how much you want to spend really.