Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Importing jewellery - advice?

I cannot answer that fully - please don't expect me to fully understand my wife! I'm guessing it's a mixture of those things?!? Although she knows that she probably only has to say I like that...and either my wallet comes out or I take some info and a business card!

I'm glad the book idea is being understood - Di - you have the absolutely perfect idea for one there - if you find the right photobook company you can get exactly what you want. In my last company (sorry I know I have said that a lot here), we made one that was used as a presenter to the company. Worked a treat.

If there's two things I've learnt in business they are perception and story telling. The book done right, can do both for an individual piece, or as a collection of your works - particularly for things like commissions. And they always look neater than postcards etc on your stall.

perception and story telling
    This is exactly what I am trying to do. (scroll down to A Tiny Patch of Blue and Silver Lining)
    Di x

Looks like you are doing it, but could you develop microsites for each piece? Even a one page microsite for each would be brilliant - that way your customer does not get distracted?

Also, I'm not suggesting this is a fantastic idea, but I do like your stories with these pieces and I think you might be able to make your offering to your customers that bit more special - by giving them the story (please tell me to stop if you are already doing this in some way!), I wonder if you can create a very small booklet (cheap in cost, but quality, and taking into account your time) to go with the necklace - obviously this would push up the cost of the item, but the customer would be getting more about it. When men buy a nice watch - half of what they buy into is a story, the packaging, a nice booklet with a history of the company or the watch. Men definitely go in for this stuff, but I do not know about women. I just think if I were to buy one of those pieces from you for my OH, I would want to take the story home with me to share with her.

Thanks for that - I'm not doing it but have been thinking about managing it somehow and you've given me food for thought.

Di x