Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Items missing from order

Its ok, I don't think anybody read it in a bad way.
    If the sheet silver was larger pieces it will have likely been taped to cardboard and its always supplied in blue plastic sheeting as George says so it does seem likely it got thrown away

I have never had a major issue with any of my orders from Cookson, though a couple of minor gemstone picking issues recently have amused me. Today I received a packet of mixed shape emeralds in rather fetching shades of purple and a couple of weeks ago a packet of black spinel which were clearly, clear topaz (my guess). I didn't complain, since they were inexpensive items and will all get used, regardless of colour, and the errors were marginally pence in my favour. Perhaps a bit of refresher training on common gemstone colours wouldn't go amiss for the pickers, though the black/clear one is challenging. I live in hope that one day when I order Rock Crystal, Diamonds are sent by mistake.

Later...

Well, sadly, having said I had no real issue, I am now checking my order more closely, and find that for a pack of Emerald round mixed sizes I have also been sent Amethysts, and the round Peridot are distinctly Oval. Worse, of the 12 3mm+ Rubies, only 2 stones are actually greater than 3mm in size, regardless of the +/- 0.25mm tolerance they warn of! I had a feeling that pack was a bit of a bargain. I have never had this level of problems/errors/mis-description with a Cookson order before, but now I have the task of thoroughly checking 18 packets of inexpensive mixed stones to see what does/doesn't match my actual order. An annoying job to have to do , given the value of the stones, from a previously and rightly trusted suppler, which will have to wait until later in the week, else I won't get around to eating this evening.

Anyway, this started as a light-hearted laugh at a couple of minor picking issues, so it is probably a little unfair of me to continue my rant here when I have yet to do a thorough check and inform Cookson directly, as I am sure that once I have a complete picture they will remedy any issues with the order.
    Last edited by Paul Kay; 14-05-2018 at 08:22 PM.

A quick Update - The issues with my Order seem to be well on their way to resolution, thanks to responsive and efficient Customer Services. Happy again.