Thread: Silicone teething rings

Default Silicone teething rings

Hi everyone, I知 a complete amateur to this so the solution may well be an easy one. I知 recently starting making silicone teething rings using silicone beads strung on nylon cord. However, I知 having difficulty in tying them off securely enough to then give to babies. The nylon cord knot keeps slipping and the beads are not tightly strung as I would like. Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a photo of my product so you can see what I mean. Charlotte
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CF0FD9D3-227E-48E1-A8C5-8358ED58D299.jpg  

Dear Charlotte,
    Babies have all day to work at something until it comes loose. Even if the stringing holds, the silicone can break up under the force if those little incisors.
    This is a serious choking hazard, and sometimes we have to abandon our most favourite ideas.
    Sorry about that, and welcome to the forum. Dennis.

Just as Dennis said, great idea although probably not practical in Australia it would be banned

I have to agree, beads and babies don't bode well and I'm sure wouldn't pass Health and safety inspection