Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Items missing from order

Default Items missing from order

Hi, I've only heard great things about cooksons but recently I made my first order and a number of items seem to be missing. Is this normal for them? I've emailed them but not expecting a reply until tomorrow as it's Sunday today and they closed at 4pm but it's quite disappointing that I can't start my first project. Also are there any other sites people can recommend to purchase bullion? Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Extremely rare.
    Generally if items are out of stock it will say low stock on the item and if there is not enough for your order it will tell you at checkout.
    Ive never had an incomplete order outside of that and I order several times a month.
    You can purchase bullion from Betts metal group but I only use them if its something cooksons don't have because 1) I don't like their website and 2) the postage is higher.

More and more I rely on Cooksons postal service. Never had a wrong order, once my basket has been checked.
    That said, items on the website are sometimes in a strange order, or even unrelated, or come up in mm when you mean cm, so you need to review the basket before paying.
    For quick attention I would phone Birmingham first thing tomorrow.

It was a large order but it seems to be all of my silver sheet that is missing. I ordered some tools, different size silver wire and different size silver sheet but all of the silver sheet is missing. I've thrown away the packaging but now I'm really worried it was me and I threw it away but I'm sure I would have seen it if it was in the box.. I will contact them first thing and see what they say.

They have to supply replacement if you say it was missing.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Silver sheet is usually supplied with blue backing plastic and is almost always taped to a piece of cardboard, though usually inside one of the endless number of plastic bags they seem to use. If the sheet is listed on your delivery slip, I would double check your recycling box to be sure you haven't accidentally thrown it away.

Like others, I order a lot from Cookies - often several times in a single week, and have never had an item missing which was listed on the packing slip, though I have had things delivered on back order.

Sounds like it might be time to go through the bin lol
    As George says, if its on the delivery note it will have been there, I have never known them to make a mistake like that.
    The only mistake Ive ever known was a wrong burr sent once, they are pretty good.

Our rubbish has already been taken!! I unpacked it all into my drawer quickly last week as I knew the cardboard recycling was being collected the next morning. It really does sound as though it's more likely to be me at fault though not cooksons. I guess I'm going to have to take this as a lesson learnt and buy it again thanks as always everyone

Quote Originally Posted by LeanneMary92 View Post
    Our rubbish has already been taken!! I unpacked it all into my drawer quickly last week as I knew the cardboard recycling was being collected the next morning. It really does sound as though it's more likely to be me at fault though not cooksons. I guess I'm going to have to take this as a lesson learnt and buy it again thanks as always everyone

Hi LeanneMary92,

We would like investigate this further so if you have not contacted us already, would you mind sending us a message with your order details so we can just double check the status of your order?

Please let us know the order number and the items which appear to be missing.

Thanks,

Jen

Hi Jen,

Thank you for getting in touch. I have sent an email to the generic address. If you would like this to be forwarded to you directly please let me know. Just so you and everyone else reading this thread is aware, the post wasn't to bad mouth cooksons, just to understand if my situation was normal. However it seems the majority feel your service is exemplary and I will be continuing to order from you

Thanks
    Leanne
    Quote Originally Posted by jengreenwood View Post
    Hi LeanneMary92,

We would like investigate this further so if you have not contacted us already, would you mind sending us a message with your order details so we can just double check the status of your order?

Please let us know the order number and the items which appear to be missing.

Thanks,

Jen