Hi everyone, I'm a brand new member and complete beginner from the UK, so I thought I would introduce myself and get a little advice!

First of all thank you for accepting me, so far the forum has been very inspirational and I've seen some incredible and inspiring engraving! I can't wait to get started

So I'm Max, and I want to get into instrument engraving, specifically drums. So this invovles mainly using the wriggle technique. I've got my flat edge HSS vallorbe gravers and handles, I've got my gloves ready, I just need a few more bits of advice before getting started.

As a complete beginner, I'm not finding any explicit instructions on sharpening my gravers before use. People keep mentioning 'heels' but I'm not sure what this means Can anyone give me a little more information on what grinder/stones I need, and how I should actually shape/sharpen my gravers before installing the handles and using them?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated, very excited to get the rest of my gear set up and make a start!

Thanks again,
Max