Thread: Possibly stupid question

Default Possibly stupid question

Hi All,
    What is the best way to package loose items to send / take to the assay office to prevent damage ? are there any specific containers any of you guys use ?
    sorry for being a bit dim but I can't think of a practical solution offhand

I tend to put mine individually in the tiny plastic bags that Cookson send me far too many of then inside a well padded heavy duty Jiffy green envelope.

Hi Enigma,
    Thanks for your reply, Individual plastic bags is good , I wasn't sure if the assay office might object to opening loads of bags but if they are ok with it it sounds like a solution to me !
    Thanks,
    Richard.

I put mine in a rigid box layered with bubble wrap. The price list says that they charge more if everything is separately wrapped but then they have sent more precious things back better wrapped than I sent them so who knows, I think it might also depend on the assay office

same as Caroline. I use a lock n lock box with layers of tissue or bubble wrap. If I'm sending silver and gold in the same package, I make sure they're in a separate large bag within the box, each with their own hallnote. If I have very small pieces, I do wrap these in separate little tissue packets, which are easier to open than ziploc bags. I know Birmingham prefer not to have to open too many little bags and can charge an additional 'unpacking' fee if they think things are over-packaged.

Useful information , thanks guys