Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOJD & Cooksons

Default GOJD & Cooksons

Can some one explain the connection between th G.O.J.D. & Cooksons

The only link is that Cookson is a discount partner as are many other companies, all offering different discounts on goods once you become a GOJD member. Cookson is probably the easiest as your membership is registered on your account and you then don't have to do anything else. Other companies you have to put in a code and I always forget to see if they are a discount company until after I've made my order because I use the others much less often. It works well if you are making a big spend on tools etc you don't get discount on bullion per se, just the manufacturing costs which completely bamboozles me

I was interested as in their new privacy conditions sent to me they specifically state that they pass on your information to Cooksons

I hadn't seen that Bob. As far as I was aware when you join the Guild and are a customer of Cookson and only then, Jane phones Cookson to give them your Guild membership no to flag on your account for furthers order discount. If Alan Hadley pops by he should be able to confirm or not. I'm assuming you're not on FB as they tend to be more active on their own page there. Do you want me to enquire or flag your question up? Or perhaps pm Alan Hadley on here

No I am not on face book I may send a reply to the email and ask for a clarification, although if you wish to inquire on face book then that would be good also

If you reply to the email direct it to Alan but I'll put up a note on their Fb page and see what they say

I sent a email to Alan, my interpretation was not correct, you are in control of of your information it is not automatic,
    so all is good

That's good because he didn't reply to my message!

GoJD has now subsumed the infant British Pearl Association. I will not be renewing my subscription. The BPA has already turned into an insurance sales platform which busily re-tweets selected members and only them
    It's a pity. The BPA was starting to be good
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    That's good because he didn't reply to my message!
    You are not alone. I didn't get a reply to my home working insurance question either.