Thread: Grillz help

Cool Grillz help

Hi everyone! Hopefully this is the right place to ask this I’m very new to this forum.
    So I feel like I’ve just exhausted a lot of options but have been continuously reaching out to anyone that can give me a little direction. I’ve just started the process of self learning how to make grills (for your teeth). I’ve met with a denturist and learned the impressions/molds side of things and gotten the necessary equipment for that and now I’ve moved onto the actual jewelry side of it. I’m self learning everything based on videos and reaching out and am trying to buy all the necessary equipment I need.
    Does anyone have any suggestions as far as equipment/advice for me!
    Ears are completely open I just am running on a complete willingness to learn at this point and my drive is at all all time high.
    Thank you !!

Basically lost wax cating or they aren't going to fit the impressions.
    https://www.customgoldgrillz.com/blo...ld-teeth-slugs

Funnily enough, I have casts of my teeth... But zero interest in making these.
    I'm a Bond, I'm not Richard Kiel!

It is difficult to answer your question, but there are no denturists in the UK. Here only the patients themselves, or registered dental surgeons would be permitted to take impressions of teeth, or fit the overlays or veneers.
    They would also have a preferred technician, to cast the metalwork, leaving you to set the stones.

That said, even with skilled work, the wearer would be more prone to tooth decay, gum disease and bad breath.

Why not turn your skills to something more beneficial? Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    It is difficult to answer your question, but there are no denturists in the UK. Here only the patients themselves, or registered dental surgeons would be permitted to take impressions of teeth, or fit the overlays or veneers.
    They would also have a preferred technician, to cast the metalwork, leaving you to set the stones.

That said, even with skilled work, the wearer would be more prone to tooth decay, gum disease and bad breath.

Why not turn your skills to something more beneficial? Dennis.
    Appreciate the input but have definitely set my mind to learning this and mastering it! Thank you though

Thanks for the article! I appreciate it!! Any suggestions on equipment and things of those sorts!!
    Richard Kiel a boss for those teeth though!!

Make a mould make a positive of the mould from that in plaster of Paris digitally scan this then scale up to allow for shrinkage in cad print or mill the result and lost wax cast, then finish. The most difficult part would be accounting for shrinkage in the wax

Question! A lot of things I’ve seen have showed videos of people directly shaping wax to the impressions, anyone have any suggestions about which kind of wax I would want to use for this? And how to remove the wax from the impressions without losing shape!!
    (My apologies for all the questions) picked up my centrifuge yesterday and am determined as ever)