Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GOJD & Cooksons

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkmaiden View Post
    You are not alone. I didn't get a reply to my home working insurance question either.
    I was only doing Bob a favour by messaging his question on FB as they seem to have a bigger presence there now. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they felt they had answered it by email but a response rather than an auto one would have been polite. I've had my insurance with Hencilla through AN for many years now and asked if I could transfer it to my GOJD membership and they said the discounts were much higher on the policy with AN and I'd have to start over. Unfortunately there are no other benefits to AN membership for me but if that's what it takes.
    I always forget about the other partner discounts as you have to apply them yourself rather than being on your account like Cookson so I'm not sure I'm getting my best out of it anymore as it's only really worthwhile when you are making big spends on tools and there comes a time when you really don't need any more or they don't stock what you need.

Don't need any more tools? What will I do for birthday ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkmaiden View Post
    Don't need any more tools? What will I do for birthday ideas!
    My workshop is stuffed to the gunnels and I'd need a bigger one! I did also say that Cookson doesn't keep what's on my wish list now, too much crafting stock and not the purist jewellers stock they started off with, so allowing me a bit of leeway

Apologies for not replying sooner as I've only just seen this and it's very unusual for me not to reply to messages as I'm usually very responsive if I get them. Any GoJD questions are always best asked either directly or through our own channels (Facebook etc) and direct email addresses. The GoJD member resources and account management area is by far the best method as it has a member support area where you can raise a ticket and talk to either Jayne or myself direct - I've never known any messages get lost or missed that way, unlike Facebook which I find is really easy to miss messages.

Anyhow, connection between GoJD and Cooksongold? As mentioned in previous replies, Cooksongold is one of our Supplier Partners offering discounts to Gold members. If you're a Gold member we ask that you include your Cooksons account number in your profile because when a member subscribes to Gold levels, the system automatically emails the correct person dealing with the accounts to apply your discounts. It simply ties up the name with the account, informs Cooksons of the members eligibility for discounts and generally speeds thing up and is more efficient. If you aren't a Gold member, there is absolutely no reason to include your Cooksongold account number in your profile. If you aren't happy supplying your account number in your profile, that's still not a problem. You would simply contact the correct person at Cooksongold yourself (details in your account dashboard), inform them that you are a member, they will then contact us for verification and then they will apply the discounts. The first automated method is by far the simplest and discounts will be in place much faster.

Fire away with any more questions, my ears are open! :-)

Sorry for not replying Snorkmaiden, once again I didn't receive it and if I did, I don't think I would have known who you are from this profile. Which email address did you use, alan@guildofjewellerydesigners.co.uk? Maybe a better way would be for you to use the support ticket system in your GoJD account dashboard? (Not Facebook messaging though, that's rubbish)

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    GoJD has now subsumed the infant British Pearl Association. I will not be renewing my subscription. The BPA has already turned into an insurance sales platform which busily re-tweets selected members and only them
    It's a pity. The BPA was starting to be good
    Hi Wendy, we always appreciate input from members both at The BPA and The GoJD. Yes we probably do only retweet from a few members, these will be the ones that are more proactive and ask us to and point out tweets that they feel are relevant to our audience.

Incorporating elements from the GoJD was the quickest way to introduce benefits to the existing members that we inherited when we took over from Louise and insurance was provided by us free of charge to them if they wanted it, not all did obviously as it depends on the size of their business.

We are actively searching for supplier partners for the BPA that are more pearl orientated so if you have any suggestions they would be appreciated. I know you aren't a subscribing BPA member and never have been for us since we took over but we still appreciate any contribution you can make even if it's only joining the Facebook group and joining/starting conversations and stimulating interest about pearls and the industry, or even responding to our request to you to re-sign up to our GDPR mailing list so you can receive any news we might have.

Quote Originally Posted by geti-titanium View Post
    Sorry for not replying Snorkmaiden, once again I didn't receive it and if I did, I don't think I would have known who you are from this profile. Which email address did you use, alan@guildofjewellerydesigners.co.uk? Maybe a better way would be for you to use the support ticket system in your GoJD account dashboard? (Not Facebook messaging though, that's rubbish)
    No worries Alan,
    You did reply on facebook eventually. Didn't know about the ticket system - will check it out.