Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bead Fairs 2009

Default Bead Fairs 2009

Is anyone going to the Big Bead Show (17th October) or Bead Society Fair (4th October) this year?

I've never been to the Big Bead Show and wondered if it is worth going to both. Are the prices good?
    Last edited by Trudy; 21-09-2009 at 09:39 AM.

Hi Trudy, both are to far away for me but the big bead show is supposed to be very good, there are a couple nearer to home in October Beads and Beyond magazine have a show at leamington called Artisan and there is another show at the motorcycle museum x

Hi Jo, mmmm yeah I was thinking of maybe going to the Leamington one, I used to live in Kenilworth and went to Solihull College so know that area quite well

Yes, I too have heard that the big bead fairs are worth travelling some distance for.... but I haven't been to a big bead event yet! I do plan to go to one this year, but am not sure which.

Prices at beading/jewellery events are usually much better than on the suppliers website, so that's probably another reason why a lot of people attend these evens.

Jules x
    Last edited by Petal; 21-09-2009 at 06:57 AM. Reason: missed out something

Ooh, I've noted those in my diary

I don't know if I'll go to both, but I definitely want to go to one. Depends how much money I'll have to spend on shinies by then! (Especially as I just finally ordered my new camera...)

I went to my local bead shop today and Sam told me that the biggest and the best is definitely the one at Sandown on 17th Oct. She is one of the stands that sells the semi precious bead strings etc.

AA route map says I can get there in 2hrs 16mins, but there is also a helipad for those wishing to arrive by helicopter. Oh shucks, I think OH has bagged the helicopter that weekend...

There's one in Harrogate on weekend of 24th and 25th October. Its usually a great fair - last year was the first time that is was run both Saturday and Sunday. We went on the Saturday, which was not too busy. Previous years it has been horrendously busy!

Will be going back down for that one as its my home town - good to combine some time with Mum without the OH and shopping for goodies.

Bev

Quote Originally Posted by Ominicci View Post

AA route map says I can get there in 2hrs 16mins, but there is also a helipad for those wishing to arrive by helicopter. Oh shucks, I think OH has bagged the helicopter that weekend...
    LMAO tell him our need is greater than his Nic, then you can collect us all and we can all go lol
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

I'd be up for going to at least one of them. I suspect though after my move, the rest of the year will be far to hectic fro me to consider it. Next year though, I am planning on making it to quite a few events like this
    Lucinda

Quote Originally Posted by agent_44 View Post
    I'd be up for going to at least one of them. I suspect though after my move, the rest of the year will be far to hectic fro me to consider it. Next year though, I am planning on making it to quite a few events like this
    I am hoping to do lots of events too if i can pluck up the courage, and also lots of one day courses and stuff
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away