Thread: 3rd arm

Default 3rd arm

Mine has bust (the croc clip) and was looking to get another stand. Can you get them without croccy teeth or are they the norm? I saw some weird bendy things on ebay but wasnt sure if theyd be heat proof enough as dont know what theyre made of plus they have teeth which i suppose havent been a problem so far. Anyway, just wondered...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're going to buy a replacement maybe something like this might be better, then you don't have to think about how the croc teeth might scratch what's being held. And you can swap in any reverse action tweezer you already have, straight or curved.

Edit: or try screwing in a pair of reverse action tweezers into the stand you've got if it's got the same kind of nut fastening as the one above has - might need to secure it with a bit of binding wire as well?
    Last edited by misspond; 11-04-2018 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by misspond View Post
    If you're going to buy a replacement maybe something like this might be better, then you don't have to think about how the croc teeth might scratch what's being held. And you can swap in any reverse action tweezer you already have, straight or curved.

Edit: or try screwing in a pair of reverse action tweezers into the stand you've got if it's got the same kind of nut fastening as the one above has - might need to secure it with a bit of binding wire as well?
    Ah yeah saw those but wasnt sure how much movement it had. Mine atm has 3 joints to get right where i want it but they look nice and simple. Will have a look at mine. Probably could take apart. Never thought tolook. Thanks x

Is it a GRS, if so just remove the points and grind serrations off, The tungsten points do not have serratiopns

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    Is it a GRS, if so just remove the points and grind serrations off, The tungsten points do not have serratiopns
    Ah right, thanks