Thread: Buying Midas black max oxidizing solution in the uk

Default Buying Midas black max oxidizing solution in the uk

Hi, I want to buy some Midas black max oxidizing solution but the Rio website donÂ’t ship to the uk. Is there anywhere in the uk that stocks it?
    I use platinol at the moment but want something darker.

Anyone know?

I don't know anywhere that sells Midas oxidising solution - but Kernow craft sell Midas laquer - could possibly be worth asking them if they can get it.

I would think that it is a hazardous substance that can't be sent. The only thing to do is to experiment with slowly building up a black patina by repeated dilute applications of what we can get and then waxing to bring out the colour more. Dennis.

Thanks for the advice all. Denis, can you tell me more about waxing? What kind of wax? And how is it used? Thanks

Yes, once you have blackened something, you will note that as it dries it becomes dull and dark grey. What wax does is to restore the wet look.

Any wax polish you have around the house such as a Pledge airosol can be used, although many members favour Renaissance Wax. Being cynical by nature, I think it is because it sounds posh and costs a lot.

Anyhow, whatever you use, apply it and buff it up with a cloth. Dennis.

As Dennis said I don't think you have to be to particular on the wax you use I use a product called Traditional Wax locally made product made for use on timber, I had some on hand and tried it out came out fine

You can polish the oxidisation to shiny with a duster and the wax gives it a depth of colour

Ah thanks all! Will give it a try