Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Milbro Pendant Drill.

Hello Stevie777
    I was given an old pendant motor like that, I broke the fixed chuck two years ago and when I went up to the desk at Cookson in Hatton Garden they didn't have any replacement parts or know anyone that could show me how to repair it. Now I see in the new catalogue they've got some parts that might be compatible. Thanks for the info given in your chat Ive boxed it up and reverted to a bow drill (very eco friendly) and a Dremel fixed in a work station, not as good, alright for drilling.

regards CeeBee

Maybe once you've contacted Milbro and got the info you require you'll let us see what you make with it or better still if you mean to sell it, we always like new tools for sale

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    Don't give up so easily, only seems to be one with that opinion, I think some thing must have been misconstrued
    It looks that way to me, I hope it wasn't my request for pics, I was just kidding Steve, no offence intended.

I'll probably sell it. I have no need for it and up to my ears in half finished projects of one kind or another, none involve the use of a pendant drill.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    It looks that way to me, I hope it wasn't my request for pics, I was just kidding Steve, no offence intended.
    It's all cool Enigma. If i had pics i would have been happy to share.

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    Don't give up so easily, only seems to be one with that opinion, I think some thing must have been misconstrued
    Maybe my friend. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie777 View Post
    It's all cool Enigma. If i had pics i would have been happy to share.

Thanks Steve, it was interesting to see the pics of the type of thing anyway so I could picture it

Probably the easiest Jewelery anyone could make. I liked the primitiveness of the whole process. The only thing missing was the charcoal furnace and instead of forge welding the ends closed, you use electricity.

You are basically following in the footsteps of the first Jewelers when you think about it. Nowhere near as intricately designed as the real deal Celtic/Anglo Saxon metal workers/artists but for my first foray into bracelet making i was impressed what one could do with basic materials and a good eye.
    Last edited by Stevie777; 07-04-2018 at 02:00 PM.

I have some friends who are blacksmiths and make some lovely pieces in steel and copper, not sure my wrists could take the hammering these days though!

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    I have some friends who are blacksmiths and make some lovely pieces in steel and copper, not sure my wrists could take the hammering these days though!
    I would be the same now, Tried arms after an hour or so. Long gone are the days i could through a 28lb hammer around like it was a toffee hammer.