Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Milbro Pendant Drill.

Default Milbro Pendant Drill.

Hi, I was clearing out a garage and came across this Milbro pendant drill. At first, i had no clue as to what it was so googled it, this is what led me here.

I have a few questions though.

Milbro, Milnes Bros, Exchange findings, Pioneer, Why are there so many names for what i can see is this same motor. Who/what came first. Did one company make them then licence them out. ?

The one I found say's Milbro and was kinda looking for a date. It dont believe it has been used. It was wrapped up and boxed so no age-related wear or anything written on the box to give me an idea. It has a serial number. Is there anyway i can find out the age through this.? I know my father, who's garage it was in hadn't done anything with jewellry since the early 90's, though he was friends with a local jeweler.

Anyway. Here's the Drill in question.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1037.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	11110

Name:	Screenshot_1039.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	11111

Name:	Screenshot_1038.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	11113
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_1041.jpg  
    Last edited by Stevie777; 06-04-2018 at 04:31 PM.

There will be those who know much more than I do, although they are a high quality unit, and I believe many people over there use them and speak highly of them
    if you can find the manufacturer ( if they are still in operation ) I'm sure they could assist with the date

As far as i'm aware Milbro were a Scottish company who manufactured fishing equipment and air rifles. I'm sure they went bust in the 70's or even earlier.

I don't think they did as you can still buy Milbro now:
    https://www.bettsmetalsales.com/p-Mi...12000-Rpm/2803
    I can't help with the other questions though.

The Add states Milbro but i'm pretty sure the (blurry) metal name plate says exchange findings instead of Milbro...see where the confusion lies.?

Name:	Screenshot_1051.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	11116
    Last edited by Stevie777; 06-04-2018 at 06:15 PM.

I think there are quite a few milbro users on here, more expensive than a Foredom. I would contact Milbro, they are more likely to be able to answer all your questions. Lucky you if it's in working order

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    I think there are quite a few milbro users on here, more expensive than a Foredom. I would contact Milbro, they are more likely to be able to answer all your questions. Lucky you if it's in working order
    Not really any use to me. As i said, I didn't even know what i was looking at. I eventually guessed a drill but was thinking more dentistry than jewelry.

other than myself I dont even think it's been used. I polished a small knife blade with it.
    Last edited by Stevie777; 06-04-2018 at 06:39 PM.

This pendant motor is what many members aspire to when they become disillusioned with the Dremel.
    Here is a link to Milnes Brothers: http://www.milnesbros.com/index.htm.

Exchange Findings Hatton Garden will have been one of the suppliers. They were eventually taken over by Cookson, Still at the same address but better for it. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    This pendant motor is what many members aspire to when they become disillusioned with the Dremel.
    Here is a link to Milnes Brothers: http://www.milnesbros.com/index.htm.

Exchange Findings Hatton Garden will have been one of the suppliers. They were eventually taken over by Cookson, Still at the same address but better for it. Dennis.
    Cheers, I'll not bug you guys any longer. It would appear tolerance is not a virtue with at least one on here.

Don't give up so easily, only seems to be one with that opinion, I think some thing must have been misconstrued