Thread: teaching engraving classes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default teaching engraving classes

Hi!
    Im Elinor, I havent been active on this forum for a long time (traveling and studying...).
    I need help from the hand engravers in the group (not machine engravers sorry...)
    I studied a year ago Florentine Style Engraving in Florence and now Im back home and the manager of the school I went to asked me if I can pass a course on it, yay! and yikes! I never taught and Im still improving my skills.. but this is a great opportunity and I do remember how I was taught and I think I can create a 50 hour course that will teach them the basics...

Now I need to make a presentation and would love if any of you can help me out so I can make the most out of this class...
    I need to teach them how to make their own tools, if you have any special pointers (my teacher were italian so I didnt get half of what they were saying lol)
    I need to write about what is engraving and to build the class itinerary.
    also any advice and pointers will be very helpful!

my idea was to devide it like this:
    1st class - make tools
    2nd-3rd - lines and circles
    4th-8th - first image on a flat sheet of metal (if they finish fast make a second one)
    9th-11th/12th - 3D design either their own ring or a leaf and flower that i will provide

thank you in advance!
    Elinor!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 17504547_1739367653042659_3822246144934104632_o.jpg